- 1 Par-baked Pizza Crust
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Cup sweet onions sliced
- 2 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup crumbled goat cheese or shredded Fontina cheese
- ¼ Cup freshly grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 8 Slices KRONOS Beef & Lamb Gyros, cut into strips (approx. 6 oz.) OR KronoBROIL® Gyros Slices
- 1 Tsp. minced fresh rosemary (1/4 tsp. Dry)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives, divided
- Fresh cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 425°F with pizza stone.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over a medium heat; add onions and saute, stirring often, until evenly caramelized (7-10 minutes). Reduce heat, add garlic and continue to cook 2-3 minutes. Stir in rosemary and 1 Tbsp. of the chives.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat; add Kronos Beef & Lamb Gyros strips and cook several minutes, stirring often to cook and brown evenly. Meat should start to darken and become slightly crispy. Remove from heat and drain cooked meat. Hold.
- To Prepare Pizza: Top crust with:
- Caramelized onions
- Cooked Gyros strips
- Crumbled goat cheese or Fontina shreds
- Grated Parmesan or Asiago
- Remaining chives and fresh cracked pepper
- To Cook: Bake pizza on a stone in a pre-heated 425°F oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, let stand for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Yield 8 Servings